Make-up Routine

makeup
(Click picture to shop)

I shared my skincare routine in a previous post and promised to share my daily make-up routine this week. As you might have read in that post, I consistently use the L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer after I moisturize. After it dries, I apply Covergirl & Olay's foundation with a sponge, blending gently. One of the things my mother taught me was to apply foundation and concealer gently. There is no reason to pull at your skin. Gravity will take care of that in years to come so I see no reason to speed its progress. Sometimes I will take a tissue and rub along my jaw line to ensure there are no lines or streaks. After my foundation, I apply the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. The product comes out of a small rounded sponge at the end, which I love. I use my ring finger to gently blend in the remaining product under my eye. Next I apply my BareMinerals powder foundation with a large brush. Really, this powder can be used as foundation but I just do a light dusting over my face. The final step in this section is applying my Urban Decay Primer Potion across my eyelids. This primer is great - it helps my shadow go on smoothly and vibrantly and keeps it in place all day long.

makeup1

My favorite shadow right now is the L'Oreal Smokes Quad. It's actually light enough for day wear but I have experimented with adding more for night. I never use the little sponge brush that comes in a shadow pack. I have an assortment of different brushes to apply my shadow. If you are looking for some reasonably priced brushes, check out Ulta or Target.  

After I apply my shadow, I always do a cat eye with my Almay liquid liner. I rarely use pencils anymore because I can get a bolder, more dramatic look with my liquid liner. I think it is easier to apply than a pencil as well. 

I curl my lashes before I apply mascara. Since I have very straight lashes, I start at the base with the curler and give it a few squeezes and then hold it. I continue doing this as I slowly move down my lashes until I reach the end. A few coats of my new favorite mascara by IsaDora is the final touch to my eyes.

Next, I add a bronzer to my cheeks for a little color. I have been using Mary Kay bronzers for a few years now. The color pictured above isn't the exact shade that I own, but it is close. 

Finally, I put on a few swipes of my favorite lipstick. I have loved the deep berry shades that have been so popular and this Amber Suede shade is my absolute favorite.

So that is my make-up routine. Just as I thought, it is slightly more involved and lengthy than my skincare routine.

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment