Pick Your Perfect (Pencil) Skirt - Part 1


Fashion trends come and go, but there is one classic silhouette that has been with us for a long time and will continue to persevere through all of the crazy trends - the pencil skirt. It is a timeless piece that works on most (I venture to say all) body types. Done the right way, you can confidently sport one of these skirts.

If you are tall, then the longer pencil skirts (hitting just below the knee) will look great. However if you are petite, choose a length that hits just above the knee. This will give the illusion of a longer leg. In my opinion, heels look best with a pencil skirt. Heels will add length (which most women love). Choosing a nude or flesh colored heel is the best way to achieve this elongated look.

I have chosen several different styles of pencil skirts above to fit many different tastes. I think my favorite are the peplum skirts (although the floral skirts are pretty as well). Which is your favorite?

Stay tuned for the next segment in my Pick Your Perfect Skirt series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment